Yes, I lay claim to a very active imagination, one of whose favorite pursuits is escaping to other worlds. Of course, it should come as no surprise that I particularly delight in shows where taking tea happens on the regular, with a varied cast of tea sets playing a starring role. I also won’t say no to a little murder mystery and period costume. Here are five shows I’ve viewed on Hulu or Netflix that fit the bill – hope you find you enjoy them!
Five Shows with Afternoon Teatimes
1. “Lark Rise to Candleford” from BBC One: “Adaptation of Flora Thompson’s memoir of her Oxfordshire childhood, set in the small hamlet of Lark Rise and the wealthier neighbouring market town, Candleford, at the end of the 19th Century.”
2. “Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple” from ITV: “Agatha Christie’s crime thrillers featuring the author’s much-loved spinster sleuth Miss Jane Marple.”
3. “Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries” from ABC TV: “Our glamorous lady detective, The Honourable Miss Phryne Fisher, swans into early 1929 Melbourne, fighting injustice with her pearl-handled pistol and her dagger-sharp wit.”
4. “The Forsyte Saga” from ITV: “Epic series spanning three generations of the upwardly mobile Forsyte family at the turn of the 20th century, based on the classic novels by Nobel Prize-winning author John Galsworthy.”
5. “Lost In Austen” from ITV: “A thoroughly modern heroine threatens to ruin one of the world’s greatest literary love stories in this ingenious reinvention of Jane Austen’s Pride And Prejudice.”